[Taxacom] Organism names in the news - Plant name housekeeping

Paul Kirk p.kirk at cabi.org
Thu Sep 23 09:57:53 CDT 2010

I regret that there is an error (of omission) on the MycoBank home page
... the result of a confusion between names and species. Correctly there
are slightly over 400000 names at the rank of species and below
published which are names of fungi; there are about 100000 species
presently known, of approx 1.5m total (Dictionary of the Fungi, ed. 10,
2008).

Paul