[Taxacom] Open access - Issue of international botanical journal dedicated to bryophytes

Matt Von Konrat mkonrat at fieldmuseum.org
Thu Sep 30 10:28:19 CDT 2010

Dear all,

On behalf of my colleagues, we are pleased to announce the publication
of a special issue of the international plant taxonomy journal,
Phytotaxa, dedicated to bryophytes.

Significantly, all papers are free with open access at:

http://www.mapress.com/phytotaxa/content/2010/pt00009.htm

We hope in the Year of Biodiversity, this issue will help stimulate
further research and foster more students to study and enjoy these
wonderful plants!  Also, the broad scope of papers will draw wide
appeal and interest beyond the study of bryophytes, and highlight the
significance of this group of organisms.

We graciously thank Maarten Christenhusz (Chief Editor) and Zhi-Qiang
Zhang (Founding Editor) for their tremendous support of the current
issue dedicated to bryology and for their guidance throughout the
editorial process. We express our gratitude to reviewers, all of whom
made valuable contributions and suggestions, and finally to the
Phytotaxa editorial/production team and Magnolia Press.

Below is a table of contents of the papers.

On behalf of co-editors Jon Shaw and Karen Renzaglia, as well as all
the authors.

My regards,

Matt

Editorial
Phytotaxa 9: 5–10 (30 Sep. 2010)
A special issue of Phytotaxa dedicated to Bryophytes: The closest
living relatives of early land plants
MATT VON KONRAT, A. JONATHAN SHAW & KAREN SUE RENZAGLIA

Article
Phytotaxa 9: 11–21 (30 Sep. 2010)
The Early Land Plants Today project (ELPT): A community-driven effort
and a new partnership with Phytotaxa MATT VON KONRAT, LARS SÖDERSTRÖM
& ANDERS HAGBORG

Article
Phytotaxa 9: 22–40 (30 Sep. 2010)
Early Land Plants Today (ELPT): How many liverwort species are there?
MATT VON KONRAT, LARS SÖDERSTRÖM, MATT A. M. RENNER, ANDERS HAGBORG,
LAURA BRISCOE & JOHN J. ENGEL

Article
Phytotaxa 9: 41–52 (30 Sep. 2010)
Studies on Lophocoleaceae XXII. The systematic position of
Amphilophocolea R.M.Schust. together with comments on the status of
Tetracymbaliella Grolle and Lamellocolea R.M.Schust.
JOHN J. ENGEL, XIAOLAN HE & DAVID GLENNY

Monograph
Phytotaxa 9: 53–149 (30 Sep. 2010)
Checklist of the hornworts and liverworts of Java
LARS SÖDERSTRÖM, S. ROBBERT GRADSTEIN & ANDERS HAGBORG

Article
Phytotaxa 9: 150–166 (30 Sep. 2010)
A synthesis of hornwort diversity: Patterns, causes and future work
JUAN CARLOS VILLARREAL, D. CHRISTINE CARGILL, ANDERS HAGBORG, LARS
SÖDERSTRÖM & KAREN SUE RENZAGLIA

Article
Phytotaxa 9: 167–174 (30 Sep. 2010)
Moss diversity: New look at old numbers
ROBERT E. MAGILL

Article
Phytotaxa 9: 175–195 (30 Sep. 2010)
Moss diversity: A molecular phylogenetic analysis of genera
CYMON J. COX, BERNARD GOFFINET, NORMAN J. WICKETT, SANDRA B. BOLES &
A. JONATHAN SHAW

Article
Phytotaxa 9: 196–228 (30 Sep. 2010)
20,000 species and five key markers: The status of molecular bryophyte
phylogenetics
MICHAEL STECH & DIETMAR QUANDT

Article
Phytotaxa 9: 229–237 (30 Sep. 2010)
The application of molecular data to the phylogenetic delimitation of
species in bryophytes: A note of caution
ALAIN VANDERPOORTEN & A. JONATHAN SHAW

Article
Phytotaxa 9: 238–253 (30 Sep. 2010)
Fungal symbioses in bryophytes: New insights in the Twenty First Century
SILVIA PRESSEL, MARTIN I. BIDARTONDO, ROBERTO LIGRONE & JEFFREY G. DUCKETT

Article
Phytotaxa 9: 254–265 (30 Sep. 2010)
Biogeography of the Lost World (Pantepui region, northeastern South
America): Insights from bryophytes
AURÉLIE DÉSAMORÉ, ALAIN VANDERPOORTEN, BENJAMIN LAENEN, S. ROBBERT
GRADSTEIN & PHILIPPE J. R. KOK

Article
Phytotaxa 9: 266–274 (30 Sep. 2010)
Past and present activities and future strategy of bryophyte conservation
TOMAS HALLINGBÄCK & BENITO C. TAN

Correspondence
Phytotaxa 9: 275–278 (30 Sep. 2010)
New Zealand’s threatened bryophytes: Conservation efforts
ALLAN J. FIFE, DAVID GLENNY, JESSICA E. BEEVER, JOHN E. BRAGGINS,
PATRICK J. BROWNSEY, MATTHEW A.M. RENNER & ROD HITCHMOUGH

--
Matt von Konrat, Ph.D.
Adjunct Curator & Collections Manager (Bryophytes and Pteridophytes)

Email: mvonkonrat at fieldmuseum.org