[Taxacom] Linking animal names to primary literature

Paul Kirk p.kirk at cabi.org
Fri Dec 2 04:37:32 CST 2011

difficult to answer ... because the simple system 'we' developed does not (yet ...) make use of 'external' sources - e.g. BHL - so all our links are to either 'out of copyright' (e.g. 18th/19th century books) or 'with permission from publishers' (e.g. Mycotaxon). There are 465,949 names in IF and about 450,000 will be good names (i.e. excluding orthographic variants, isonyms, 'bad' names (digitizing errors) etc.)

Hope this helps ...

Paul