[Taxacom] New internet presence for the Biology Department Herbarium at Texas A&M (TAMU)

Curtis Clark lists at curtisclark.org
Thu Dec 8 14:15:34 CST 2011

On 12/8/2011 11:02 AM, Monique Reed wrote:
> Our main page is now athttp://www.bio.tamu.edu/courses/biol328/Herbarium/tamuhome.htm

I know I'm likely wrong about the reason for this, but as a former
information technology manager at a university, I'm appalled that
something as important as the herbarium should be hidden inside the
Plants and People web pages. In my version of a sane world, it would be
http://herbarium.tamu.edu. I do understand the issues, but information
technology is supposed to serve the institution, not constrain it.

--
Curtis Clark        http://www.csupomona.edu/~jcclark
After 2012-01-02: