[Taxacom] North America, Central America + S.E. Asia sister taxa

Michael Heads michael.heads at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 21:25:15 CST 2011

Ah, so the carabid clade is *east* of the Rockies - then my suggestion of trans-Pacific connections for the carabids was probably wrong, and it's more likely to be a Tethyan group.  I agree with Ken that the group was probably present earlier in Europe and central Asia, although there is no need for these populations to have had any special phylogenetic significance.

Kip - where is the sister group/s of your clade?

Michael Heads

Wellington, New Zealand.

My papers on biogeography: http://tiny.cc/HeadsPubs
My new book 'Molecular