[Taxacom] Life and Literature Conference November 14-15
Chris.Freeland at mobot.org
Fri Feb 11 10:58:56 CST 2011
The Biodiversity Heritage Library is organizing a conference, Life and
Literature, that will convene librarians, biologists, computer
scientists, publishers, students, and other stakeholders to set the
agenda for biodiversity literature digitizing and its networked
environment for the next four to five years. The purposes of the Life
and Literature Conference are:
1. Engagement of current and future constituencies concerned with
2. Integration and interoperability with major biodiversity and
digital library programs.
3. Further innovative integration of digitized literature with
4. Publishing models and legacy scientific literature.
5. Setting the agenda for the BHL for the next 4 - 5 years.
The conference will be held at the Field Museum, a leading biodiversity
research and education center, in Chicago from November 14 to November
15. Though the exact program schedule is being worked out, in addition
to plenary sessions with noted speakers, there will be split concurrent
tracks covering such themes as biodiversity informatics, publishing
models, digital libraries, and humanistic and artistic intersections
with biodiversity literature. Please keep your calendars open for this
important conference. We will be updating this site regularly.
Biodiversity Heritage Library Program Director Smithsonian Institution
Libraries Rm. 22 MRC 154 PO Box 37012 Washington, D.C. 20013-7012
garnettt at si.edu
More information about the Taxacom