[Taxacom] Closed-source implementation

Bob Mesibov mesibov at southcom.com.au
Sun Jan 2 17:49:46 CST 2011

Richard,

Sorry, I didn't mean to distract you with what's on my particular computer.

The point I'm making is that a biodiversity website aimed at the world in general should work in any browser, and shouldn't announce to Joe Public, 'Look, you're going to need a special piece of software to see this, and that software may not work in your browser.'

Sort of goes against the idea of an open Web, universal access, biodiversity info available to anyone, anywhere? Even Lucid keys work on any computer.
--
Dr Robert Mesibov
Honorary Research Associate