[Taxacom] Closed-source implementation

Bob Mesibov mesibov at southcom.com.au
Sun Jan 2 18:45:54 CST 2011

This may be getting too geeky-technical for Taxacom (which is why Rod Page mainly writes on iPhylo?), but I don't think that's quite right about JVM. See

http://www.lucidcentral.com/Software/LucidKeyServer/tabid/233/language/en-US/Default.aspx

"No Java installation is required for the Lucid On-line Player, giving instant access to keys for casual  or dedicated users."

I can run Dave Walter and Heather Proctor's mite key just fine in my browser (which incidentally) uses OpenJDK.
--
Dr Robert Mesibov
Honorary Research Associate