[Taxacom] Publication on structural colour patterns on transparent insect wings

Ekaterina Shevtsova Ekaterina.Shevtsova at cob.lu.se
Tue Jan 4 11:23:16 CST 2011

Dear colleagues,

I am very glad to share this news with you! Some of you may remember our
presentation about structural colours in Hymenoptera wings at 7th
International Congress of Hymenopterists in Hungary last summer. It's
been a long journey and finally we have a publication "Stable structural
color patterns displayed on transparent insect wings" in PNAS. Please
check this out
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2010/12/27/1017393108.full.pdf+html

Our great hope is that many taxonomists will look at transparent wings
of their beloved specimens with a new approach and will use WIPs as a
morphological character to unravel an amazing biodiversity of tiny
insects with transparent wings.

Happy New Year!
Best regards,
Ekaterina Shevtsova