[Taxacom] The Plant List revisited

Roderic Page R.Page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 12:45:22 CST 2011

I've written another blog post regarding the restrictive licensing of
The Plant List here:

http://iphylo.blogspot.com/2011/01/why-won-plant-list-won-let-me-do-this.html
  (or http://tinyurl.com/4q7p76l )

I've also created a demo of some of the things that can be done by
enabling others to build upon The Plant List data

http://iphylo.org/~rpage/theplantlist/

The links between names and publications are very sparse at this stage
(the video on the blog post gives an indication of what I'd like for
every name), but I hope to improve on this as time permits.

The more general issue, which I raised earlier on this list, is why a
major biodiversity project such as The Plant List has chosen to
effectively prevent anyone doing the things I show on this web site.
Why must data remain in silos?

Regards

Rod
Roderic Page