[Taxacom] Publishing in ZooKeys

John Noyes j.noyes at nhm.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 05:36:49 CST 2011

Lyubomir,

Yes, but the fact remains that a price of 15 Euros per page is beyond
the reach of many, especially in Europe and developing countries where
taxonomists often do not have funding to cover such costs. We are fast
approaching as time (maybe we are already there) where most descriptive
taxonomic work will be done by amateurs (hopefully good ones) or retired
taxonomists who do not have access to such funds. Even with a 10% or 20%
discount these charges are still beyond the means of many, especially
those publishing larger, monographic works.

John

John Noyes
Scientific Associate
Department of Entomology
Natural History Museum
Cromwell Road
South Kensington
London SW7 5BD
UK
jsn at nhm.ac.uk
Tel.: +44 (0) 207 942 5594
Fax.: +44 (0) 207 942 5229

Universal Chalcidoidea Database (everything you wanted to know about
chalcidoids and more):
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/research-curation/projects/chalcidoids/
or
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/entomology/chalcidoids

Interactive catalogue and biological database of World Chalcidoidea on
CD:
Contact the publisher: DickyS._Yu at telus.net, or Dicky S. Yu, P.O.Box
48205, Bentall Centre, Vancouver B.C., V7X 1N8, CANADA; see also
www.taxapad.com