[Taxacom] interesting reading on DNA barcoding and taxonomy

Sergio Vargas sevragorgia at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 12:35:34 CST 2011

  Interesting, I just want to point that the parataxonomist idea was in
practice way the barcoding hype reached "the market". In 1998, INBIO in
Costa Rica already had parataxonomist working in the field (mostly
collecting). These parataxonomist were trained in the taxonomy of
selected groups and the results, I most say, were very impressive with
some of them becoming experts in their respective fields.

sergio