[Taxacom] bioinformatics on collecting in South East Asia

John Grehan jgrehan at sciencebuff.org
Wed Jan 19 07:38:57 CST 2011

I would be most grateful if anyone could tell me how I might find out
about any collecting of Lepidoptera that has occurred in the vicinity of
the Celebes-Timor-NW New Guinea triangle. I am interested in one
particular genus of moths, and while no doubt there are specimens
scattered here or there in various museums, finding out would seem a
laborious task. I have had the impression over the years that some
institutions have made extensive collecting surveys in this region, but
I have no idea who or whether this included Lepidoptera. Any clues on
this would be most welcome. Ideally there would be a database of such
collecting, but I presume that is something that does not exist at
present.

John Grehan

Dr. John R. Grehan
Director of Science and Research