[Taxacom] I got them Nabokov Blues

J. Kirk Fitzhugh kfitzhugh at nhm.org
Wed Jan 26 12:59:40 CST 2011

Based just on Zimmer's article, Pierce et al. didn't perform any valid
test of Nabokov's hypothesis. Rather, Pierce et al. inferred a
hypothesis explaining a set of sequence data, whereas Nabokov's
hypothesis explains certain anatomical data. All we're presented with
are two separate explanations (Nabokov's and Pierce et al., assuming
Pierce et al. made no attempt to integrate all relevant data), not a
test of any one hypothesis.

Kirk
--

J. Kirk Fitzhugh, Ph.D.