Bob Mesibov mesibov at southcom.com.au
Wed Jan 26 14:35:38 CST 2011

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/01/extinction-of-taxonomists/

Quote:
"The millions of dollars spent globally on technology to catalog species may actually be pushing out the people we rely upon: taxonomists and systematists. We’re like young children frantic to add new baseball cards to our collections, while the actual creators of the baseball cards themselves are vanishing."

Nice to see that message getting out to a wider audience.
--
Dr Robert Mesibov
Honorary Research Associate