[Taxacom] I got them Nabokov Blues

J. Kirk Fitzhugh kfitzhugh at nhm.org
Wed Jan 26 14:57:50 CST 2011

Thanks Kurt. The difficulty is that cladograms are not in themselves
tests, and no amount of sequence data used to infer phylogenetic
hypotheses can act as test evidence or to increase hypothesis support.
While the hypothesis you inferred is intriguing, it has no greater or
lesser certainty/veracity than Nabokov's orignal hypothesis inferred
from other classes of characters. Both sets of hypotheses remain as they
are - hypotheses that have not yet been subjected to testing (based on
what is presented in Zimmer's article).

I do look forward to reading your paper.

Kirk