Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Wed Jan 26 17:14:50 CST 2011

then let me be more precise, and less bizarre: if funding that should be going
to basic taxonomy (the basis for cladistics, etc., etc.) goes to cladistics
instead, then cladistics is an "enemy of taxonomy", almost literally "mugging
it". Cladistics in itself, and in its place, with appropriately divied up
funding with basic taxonomy is fine, but that don't seem to be the way things
are ...