[Taxacom] "Tenuinucelli" clade in eudicots?

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 00:00:44 CST 2011

That is what I would have thought. The evidence is that taxa as
circumscribed have certain characters, with some toing and froing
about whether these are indeed the same characters wit the same origin
or only apparently so.  Whether this and the names are step 0, or even
step -1, I am not fussed.

Once we have agreement on the shared traits (the evidence), the
mechanism of how those shared states may have got there is the
hypothesis, not the evidence. And then the polemic and story-telling
begins. :)

jim