[Taxacom] new web site - herbarium MU

Mary Barkworth Mary.Barkworth at usu.edu
Fri Mar 4 09:41:26 CST 2011

Congratulations!

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: taxacom-bounces at mailman.nhm.ku.edu [mailto:taxacom-bounces at mailman.nhm.ku.edu] On Behalf Of Vincent, Michael A. Dr.
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 8:19 AM
To: taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu
Subject: [Taxacom] new web site - herbarium MU

Dear All:  I am pleased to announce our new web site, complete with a search portal for our data base.  See http://wan1.mbi.muohio.edu/herbariummu/index.html.

While not all are yet georeferenced, complete data are available for nearly 40,000 worldwide specimens of:
all vascular types
all Gymnopserms
Typhaceae/Sparganiaceae
Pandanaceae
Potamogetonaceae
Najadaceae
Apogetonaceae
Junaginaceae
Alismataceae
Butomaceae
Hydrocharitaceae
Triuridaceae
Poaceae (98% complete)
all non-North American Solanum
miscellaneous other specimens entered for various reasons

Data can be viewed on-line and downloaded, maps can be generated for our specimens, and images will be available as we begin the process of imaging our specimens.

Please feel free to send me comments and suggestions about how the site can be made more useful to you.

Thanks very much.

Sincerely,
M.A. Vincent

Dr. Michael A. Vincent, Curator
W.S. Turrell Herbarium (MU)
Department of Botany
Miami University - MSC 1052
100 Bishop Circle, Rm. 79 Upham Hall
Oxford, OH  45056-1879 USA
email: vincenma at muohio.edu
TEL: 513-529-2755
FAX: 513-529-4243

"It is no accident that we see green almost wherever we look...Without green plants to outnumber us at least ten to one there would be no energy to power us." - Richard Dawkins, The Greatest Show on Earth (2009)