[Taxacom] Enquiry from Calodema - The Website of Dr Trevor J Hawkeswood

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Sat Mar 5 22:16:03 CST 2011

Dear Trevor,
I thought I was actually being quite reasonable in pointing out that there was a
problem with the family name! No offence was intended (*then*). You can't just
change the genus name, by the way. You may be interested to know that in Norm
Platnick's opinion, it isn't even a new genus, never mind a new family, but I
wasn't going to go into the taxonomic problems with the paper ...
Cheers,
Stephen
PS: Better a "smart arse" than a "dumb arse" ...