[Taxacom] {Spam?} Re: Enquiry from Calodema - The Website of Dr Trevor J Hawkeswood

Wolfgang Wuster w.wuster at bangor.ac.uk
Sun Mar 6 10:31:44 CST 2011

On 06/03/2011 10:47, Donat Agosti wrote:
> If make such statements, please be specific and cite the source of this, and
> who sold the Dr.
>
> Donat

Following on from my earlier reply to Donat's (entirely justified)
request for evidence, "Dr." Hawkeswood's qualifications can be seen at
http://www.calodema.com/qualifications.php. Note that in his biography
on the same site, he proudly states that he has an Honours degree from
the University of New England, but is curiously reticent about the
source of his much-vaunted doctorate.

The website of Cosmopolitan "University" is at http://www.cosmoedu.net/

Having had occasion, a few years ago, to take an interest in the good
Dr's academic status, I emailed the Cosmopolitan "University" for
details of their Honorary Doctorate programme. I append the reply below.
For those who don't want to plough through the nonsense, it works like this:

- They charge US$ 800 handling fee to process the paperwork for your PhD
- You send them your CV
- You only get invoiced if they approve your application
- By a fortunate coincidence, 90% are approved
- The intensive and rigorous scrutiny does delay the process to the
point where it can take you a whole two weeks from application to
"graduation"

So that all OK then.

Best wishes,

Wolfgang