[Taxacom] global names index gni as dead end?

Paul Kirk p.kirk at cabi.org
Mon Mar 7 06:21:08 CST 2011

"What we have failed to provide are tools that link indexes of names to the digitised literature in ways that people can actually use"

a rather sweeping statement Rod ... :-) ...; not the case for mycologist - of the c. 450,000 names in Index Fungorum, 66,813 have direct links to the protologue (where the name was first established / effectively published) and 'we' are adding more every day.

but I agree with you overall sentiment (no links from IF to BHL content yet ...)

Paul