[Taxacom] Nomenclator Zoologicus meets Biodiversity Heritage Library: linking names directly to literature

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Mon Mar 7 07:07:28 CST 2011

Following on from the previous discussion about names and literature,
I've released a little "toy" that links animal genus names in
Nomenclator Zoologicus to pages in the  Biodiversity Heritage Library
(and a few other places where possible).

Woefully incomplete, partly due to the difficulty in parsing the
"microcitations" so beloved by nomenclators, but it's one attempt to
link names to something slightly more concrete.

For background please see my blog post http://iphylo.blogspot.com/2011/03/nomenclator-zoologicus-meets.html

or go straight to http://iphylo.org/~rpage/nz/

Regards

Rod

P.S. and yes I'm aware that Paul Kirk will go "yup, just what us
fungal types have been doing for ages" ...

Roderic Page
Professor of Taxonomy
Graham Kerr Building
University of Glasgow