[Taxacom] More "Martian" fossils?

David Campbell pleuronaia at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 17:23:14 CST 2011

Obviously, careful examination of the samples reported by Hoover is
the way to decide whether he's right.  However, in light of a number
of examples of "it looks sort of like shapes produced by living
things, so it must be produced by living things" that failed to
thoroughly check whether inorganic processes could produce the shapes,
skepticism seems in order.  I would not be bothered by good evidence
of extraterrestrial fossils; what bothers me is that the paper seems
to be making big claims without adequate justification.

--
Dr. David Campbell
The Paleontological Research Institution