[Taxacom] a few old insect collections, where now?

Claus Rasmussen clausr at life.uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 10 04:47:46 CST 2011

Dear all,

I am looking for the type repositories of the insect  collections from the
following individuals (about 100 years old). Any  ideas or confirmations
(Paris), obituaries? I have added the areas where  they collected bees at least.

Gazagnaire, Joseph (–): Algeria (Biskra, Lalla Marghnia, Nemours)

Marchal, C. (–): France (Le Creusot)

Medina Ramos, Manuel (–): Spain (Sevilla)

Mercet Garcia, Ricardo (1860–1932): Spain (Madrid)

Schulthess Rechberg-Schindler, Anton von (1855–1941):

Best wishes and thanks,

 Claus Rasmussen, Ph.D.
Department of Biological Sciences
Aarhus University