[Taxacom] Updated Species Occurrence...

Peter DeVries pete.devries at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 20:24:10 CST 2011

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately I am just using some preexisting infrastructure.

Pivot can parse the results of a sparql query and expose it in a neat data
browsing interface.

I made a copy of three different serializations that Virtuoso outputs.
(These are not live, but copies from the live feed)

http://lod.taxonconcept.org/examples/pivot/sparql_result.json

<http://lod.taxonconcept.org/examples/pivot/sparql_result.json>
http://lod.taxonconcept.org/examples/pivot/sparql_result.rdf

<http://lod.taxonconcept.org/examples/pivot/sparql_result.rdf>
http://lod.taxonconcept.org/examples/pivot/sparql_result.xml (CXML)

<http://lod.taxonconcept.org/examples/pivot/sparql_result.xml>Maybe someone
has an idea of an alternative system that can be used to browse these.

- Pete

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Bob Mesibov <mesibov at southcom.com.au>wrote:

> Pete de Vries wrote:
>
> "The MS Pivot example require Silverlight, which you might already have if
> you use netflix or similar apps, but they won't work on iPhone or iPad. :-(
> "
>
> Seriously uncool. Also excludes Linux users, outside the Microsoft world.
> When the 'OpenLink [!!] Software' company says 'industry standards
> compliant', is that code for 'proprietary standards compliant'?
> --
> Dr Robert Mesibov
> Honorary Research Associate
> Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery, and
> School of Zoology, University of Tasmania
> Home contact: PO Box 101, Penguin, Tasmania, Australia 7316
> Ph: (03) 64371195; 61 3 64371195
> Webpage: http://www.qvmag.tas.gov.au/?articleID=570

Pete DeVries
Department of Entomology