[Taxacom] The Plant List [re]Visited

dipteryx at freeler.nl dipteryx at freeler.nl
Sat Mar 12 03:58:20 CST 2011

You missed one
http://www.theplantlist.org/tpl/record/tro-35135989
the basionym Hypnum praelongum Hedw. is a heterotypic synonym of
Eurhynchium pumilum (Wilson) Schimp. and not a homotypic synonym
of either of the accepted combinations based on it...

As a nomenclaturist I can start by taking exception to
"Eurhynchium praelongum subsp. praelongum (Hedw.) Bertsch"
in direct violation of Art. 26.1.

The small letter "x" (italicized!) to indicate hybrids (in violation
of Art. H.1.1, but see also Rec. H.3A.2) is also hurtful.

Paul