[Taxacom] human-specific loss of regulatory DNA

John Grehan jgrehan at sciencebuff.org
Wed Mar 16 10:39:29 CDT 2011

I looked through the supplemental information and although they used
orangutans as part of their alignment study, I did not see anything
about whether there was any deletion or not in the orangutan.

P13 supplement

generate pairwise alignments between chimpanzee (panTro2) and 13 other
mammals: human (hg19), orangutan (ponAbe2...and manually removing
clearly paralogous sequences. PhastCons (Siepel et al., 2005)
was run using UCSC parameters calculated for the 44-way human-centric
alignment.

John Grehan