[Taxacom] Habitat classifications?

Peter DeVries pete.devries at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 01:00:07 CDT 2011

Hi Tony,

The BBC also has habitat classifications in their wo ontology.

I looked into this a while ago and there are a lot of different
classifications available. I had started to lean toward some of those that
are available as GIS layers since you could incorporate them into a
knowledge base relatively easily.

Going back to my idea of geo areas, one could annotate the different areas
to one or more habitat classification scheme relatively easily using the GPS
locations.

Too little time, so much data :-)

- Pete

Pete DeVries