[Taxacom] Electronic keys

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 18:37:36 CDT 2011

In addition, you may want to also contact the folks at IdentifyLife,
also supported by the Atlas of Living Australia
(http://www.ala.org.au/).

>From the Identify Life website: "IdentifyLife is a global,
collaborative project providing ways to identify the world's living
organisms."

http://www.identifylife.org/

They are moving their development over to Open Source and it supports
an number of data export and import standards (CSV, SDD, etc.).
Importantly it is going to be web based and you should be able to
build and use keys on the web.  Structurally it appears very
Lucidesque in direction, but it is a collaborative project and does
support a range of formats in its key store and key directory. Coming
soon is a MyIdentifyLife which will enable you to tailor and report on
your key building and access experience.

There is some information and a couple of trial keys on the website.
If you need more information, Matt Taylor should be able to help.

jim