[Taxacom] number of species of Rosaceae and Rosoideae

Nadia Talent nadia.talent at utoronto.ca
Sat Mar 26 09:20:18 CDT 2011

Dear Marko,

The Rosaceae are well known for the difficulty of species delimitation caused largely by apomixis, but also apparently by the diversification that follows polyploidization. This paper discusses species numbers in considerable depth:

Vamosi, J.C.; Dickinson, T. (2006). Polyploidy and diversification – a phylogenetic investigation using Rosaceae. ''International  Journal of Plant Sciences''. 167(2): 349–358.

Best wishes,
Nadia Talent
Nadia Talent
Royal Ontario Museum and University of Toronto,
http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~ntalent/