[Taxacom] number of species of Rosaceae and Rosoideae

Marko Prous mprous at ut.ee
Mon Mar 28 01:08:11 CDT 2011

Thank you all who replied through or off the list!

I looked at the number of genera of Rosoideae/Rosaceae instead (perhaps
sufficient, because monophagous insects often do not discriminate
between closely related host species). Assuming that there are 17/36
genera in Europe and 22/55 in China, there should be roughly 30-40
species of Empria in China (about 12 have been found so far). Seems likely.

Best wishes,
Marko