[Taxacom] Molecular shared derived characters (was sine's line's)

Sergio Vargas sevragorgia at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:08:36 CDT 2011

  I think I've asked this before.

> Yes they use clustering algorithms used by cladists, but it is my contention hat this does not make their analysis cladistic because they cannot (or have not so far) restrict the character data to shared derived states.
why exactly is that "they" (us, I guess we are not there on the other
side, whatever that means) cannot restrict the character data to shared
derived states?

if I have both outgroup and ingroup and a bunch of molecular characters,
why exactly I (we/they) cannot do this? It seems I keep missing the
point, could someone clarify? please please please.

sergio