[Taxacom] Peruvian hummingbird flower ID's?

Robin Leech releech at telus.net
Wed May 11 15:28:31 CDT 2011

Still no pictures or links.
Robin

----- Original Message -----
From: "OConnor, Barry" <bmoc at umich.edu>
To: <taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:38 PM
Subject: [Taxacom] Peruvian hummingbird flower ID's?

Sorry, photos attached. - Barry

From: Barry OConnor <bmoc at umich.edu<mailto:bmoc at umich.edu>>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:31:53 -0400
To: "taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu<mailto:taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu>"
<taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu<mailto:taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu>>

Dear colleagues – Can anyone identify the two species of hummingbird flowers
in the attached photos? I collected flower mites from them in Cutervo
National Park in northern Peru (06°14'59.9''S, 78°45'59.5''W) in September
2006. The elevation was 2969m. Species 1 was terrestrial and species 2 was a
vine. The habitat was degraded montane forest.
Thanks! - Barry

-So many mites, so little time!

Barry M. OConnor                    phone: 734-763-4354
Curator & Professor                 fax: 734-763-4080
Museum of Zoology                 e-mail:
bmoc at umich.edu<mailto:bmoc at umich.edu>
University of Michigan
1109 Geddes Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1079