[Taxacom] Hedges /Kumar (eds) The Timetree of Life

John Grehan jgrehan at sciencebuff.org
Mon May 16 14:55:43 CDT 2011

Jason,

You misunderstand my original statement. It was only that the title of
the project which I said should have been "DNA sequence time tree"
instead of "TimeTree of Life". I did not deride the content as you
assert.

I guess you have not read all those papers that do use them as maximal
age. There are many such papers and the recent critique of this practice
by Heads (2005) will give you plenty of examples.

John Grehan