[Taxacom] ICZN Opinion 105

Robin Leech releech at telus.net
Tue May 17 03:47:24 CDT 2011

Hello Stefan,

Have you tried an unmistakable contraction that might also include
the initials of the given name?

For example, using your name, Stefan Koenemann.  We could make
this as STEFKOEMIDAE, or STEKOMIDAE.  The genus name
would be Stefkoemus or Stekomus.

As long as you explain the origin of the names being generated,
there should be no problem.

Then, in the section on derivation or origin of the name, you would
put, "Named in honor of Stefan Koenemann".

Robin