[Taxacom] ICZN Opinion 105

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Tue May 17 11:46:24 CDT 2011

Limiting names to 7 or 8 letters makes strange combinations necessary when we get to naming the 500 millionth species: "Kwthizk xxngghh" or so, when all the euphonious letter combinations are used up.

Rchdzndr

Richard H. Zander
Missouri Botanical Garden, PO Box 299, St. Louis, MO 63166-0299 USA�
Web sites: http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/resbot/�and http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/bfna/bfnamenu.htm
Modern Evolutionary Systematics Web site: http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/resbot/21EvSy.htm