[Taxacom] CoL caught with its fly down!

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Mon May 23 17:03:06 CDT 2011

Geoff,
well ... the silly answer is that I was in too much of a hurry to compose a
sensible Taxacom post, so I just recklessly fired off my unfettered thoughts ...
how unlike me!! :)
>Why are you duplicating/copying this particular work on Tabanidae genus names
>anyway?  (so many insects, so little time , etc etc)<
Two reasons: (1) it was partly an experiment to see how good the data was from
CoL and its source database in a relatively well-documented group; and (2) I
need to create Wikispecies pages for all valid genera anyway, so that new
publications can be easily added ...
Importantly, I was not merely duplicating/copying Systema Dipterorum Tabanidae.
I'll leave that for CoL and EoL, etc., to do, but rather I was trying to verify
it all for myself, and I discovered several anomalies which I have already
pointed out ... i.e., quality control ...
Cheers,
Stephen