[Taxacom] Why everything is not everywhere

Sergio Vargas sevragorgia at gmail.com
Sun May 29 13:05:22 CDT 2011

  Hi,

why these things are not everywhere?

an interesting answer in the context of marine invertebrates is proposed in:

Marshall et al. 2010. Phenotype-environment mismatches reduce
connectivity in the sea. Ecology Letters, 13:128-140

the paper deals with connectivity, hence ecological not biogeographic
time scales, but is useful anyways.

Jason, Page's panbiogeography paper is:

Page. 1987. Graphs and Generalized Tracks: Quantifying Croizat's
Panbiogeography. Systematic Zoology, 36: 1-17

cheers

sergio