[Taxacom] Lamiaceae clade--Acanthaceae clade divergence time

Ashley Nicholas nicholasa at ukzn.ac.za
Wed Nov 9 07:37:49 CST 2011

Thank John,

I am well aware of the problems surrounding the accuracy (and theoretical problems) of molecular clocks -- and so would like to consult a range of views as expressed by the experts (which I am not). My interest is not in the actual divergent date (maximal [crown taxa] or minimal) -- I am presently trying to learn more about possible homologous micromorphological and ultrastructural characteristics exhibited by extant Lamiaceae and Acanthaceae. I am just wanting to explore the literature at the moment. I need to contextualize some SEM and TEM work we are doing. Understanding anything about the cladogenic event that eventually lead to these two families would be helpful.

Regards
Ashley

>>> On 11/11/08 at 18:47, in message <26DA12164B238549B6D89A2F2A8EE799026EB77D at bmsmail.sciencebuff.org>, "John Grehan" <jgrehan at sciencebuff.org> wrote:

Revised wording in caps below just to be picky.

John Grehan