[Taxacom] Clade age (was: Taxacom Digest)

Lynn Raw lynn at afriherp.org
Thu Nov 10 15:14:32 CST 2011

Dick, while you are at the séance, could you also find out whether reversals are taken into account in Bayesian methodology. With only 4 basic components of DNA, surely the probabilties of reversals are extremely high. I would also be interested to learn how these methods deal with a group of closely related but morphologically distinguishable groups that have resulted from vicariance from a single more widespread species. I am not trying to be facetious, these are genuine questions.

Lynn Raw