[Taxacom] Clade age

John Grehan jgrehan at sciencebuff.org
Mon Nov 14 12:33:17 CST 2011

Here is someone trying to impose the tyranny of definitions. Sure, an
explanation of what one means by a term is helpful, but then only in as
much as there is a shared understanding about the context. People argue
over definitions all the time, but whether such arguments really solve
anything or not is another matter. The perennial species definition
arguments are a nice case in point.

I have seem little sing of confusion about my 'definitions' or anything
else. The usual response is that others are all too well aware of my
viewpoint and understand it well enough to usually disagree very
strongly without any (apparent) confusion whatsoever.

John Grehan