[Taxacom] Plant from WA [Lawrencia helmsii (Malvaceae)]

Redhead, Scott Scott.Redhead at AGR.GC.CA
Fri Nov 18 08:46:12 CST 2011

The fungus looks like Aseroe rubra.

Scott

Scott A. Redhead, Ph.D.
Curator - National Mycological Herbarium / Curator de l'herbier mycologique national
Research Scientist / Chercheur scientifique
Biodiversity (Mycology and Botany) / Biodiversité (Mycologie et Botanique) Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada/Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada 960 Carling Avenue/960 Carling Avenue Neatby Bldg./ Edifice de Neatby Ottawa, Ontario/Ottawa (Ontario) K1A 0C6

Telephone/Téléphone: 613-759-1384
Facsimile/Télécopieur: 613-759-1599
scott.redhead at agr.gc.ca

-----Original Message-----
From: taxacom-bounces at mailman.nhm.ku.edu [mailto:taxacom-bounces at mailman.nhm.ku.edu] On Behalf Of John Landolt
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 7:36 AM
To: Kipling (Kip) Will; taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu
Subject: Re: [Taxacom] Plant from WA [Lawrencia helmsii (Malvaceae)]

Hi Kip,

One of your Austrlian images is that of a fungus chosen to appear on the logo of the Eighth International Mycological Congress that was held in Cairns in 2006.  See

http://sapmea.asn.au/conventions/imc8/index.html

I'm not really a mycologist, but I attended the Congress.  I have forgotten the fungus name.

Nice pics, by the way.

Cheers,

john