[Taxacom] Clade age

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Fri Nov 18 10:55:59 CST 2011

In my opinion, Linnaean classification models nothing particular in
nature and so is equally disadvantageous to classical and phylogenetic
systematics. What it does do, however, is provide a theoretically
neutral way to show differences (lists of taxa at the same rank) and
similarities (groups of taxa under a higher rank). This is I think why
it works so well for dealing with all taxon concepts. Shall we keep it?

Richard H. Zander
Web sites: http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/resbot/ and