[Taxacom] 53 million year rabbit foot

Jason Mate jfmate at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 16:23:59 CST 2011

Hi Ingo and Ken,
sorry for what will be a rather short and uninteresting clarification. I actually meant that without fossils, and for all practical reasons, we can assume that the stem is non-existant if we are being conservative. It is a matter of choice on how many assumptions you can make regarding timing, but this becomes a moot point when you have fossils belonging to the stem and crown. Hence I think we are in general agreement in this regards. That was a fun exchange!.
Best
Jason