[Taxacom] Question about herbarium management

Vinícius Antonio de Oliveira Dittrich vinarc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:27:06 CST 2011

   Dear all,

   I’m curator of the CESJ herbarium, and I’ve a question concerning
duplicates: in some instances we receive duplicates from other herbaria
that are voluminous (e.g., with two big specimens that doesn’t fit in just
one sheet). In these cases, I think the best thing to do would be sending
one of those specimens to other herbaria, but these specimens are not from
CESJ. Is it advisable sending specimens to other herbaria that are not from
our institution? And (if the answer to the first question is “yes”): how to
manage this properly? (*e.g.*, what I’m supposed to do with the label? –
making a copy of it for sending would be good?). Any clues are welcome.

   Best wishes,

   Vinícius

--
Prof. Dr. Vinícius Antonio de Oliveira Dittrich
Curador do Herbário CESJ