[Taxacom] Question about herbarium management

Perkins,Kent D kperkins at flmnh.ufl.edu
Wed Nov 30 13:41:14 CST 2011

 Vinícius,

When there is ample material to make additional sheets, we (FLAS) photocopy the label and send the duplicates on to other institutions as exchange.  The only problem I see arising is that you may be sending material to an institution that already received it as exchange from the originating institution.  If there is a lot of such duplicate material in an exchange set, you could check with the originating institution or the next receiving institution so as not to overlap.  Else, the next institution might recognize it as a duplicate, hopefully before they mount it, and send it along again.

Kent

Kent D. Perkins, Manager of the Collection
University of Florida Herbarium (FLAS)
Florida Museum of Natural History
379 Dickinson Hall
PO Box 110575