[Taxacom] Molecules wins over morphology again

Jason Mate jfmate at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 06:05:20 CDT 2011

> I am regarded by some on this list as an ignorant clod who should know
> better abut cladistics, phylogenetics, molecules etc, but I was
> pleasantly surprised that some in the fish world share similar, if not
> sometimes identical, points of view.  For example, Mooi and Gill
> (Zootaxa 2450: 26-40 2010)state the folling:

John, from what I have read in this group, you have been treated fairly and not ridiculed for your work. We may disagree on our philosophical views and sometimes argue rather heatedly but that is all. What may have been ridiculed are your reactions to your pet peeves.  I agree that the review letter was curt and probably even unfair, but as Kirk pointed out you are at the mercy of the editors' particular pet peeves, so just send it to a different journal. We all have endured our share of rejection, as it is an unfortunate byproduct of human behaviour, even in science.
Best

Jason