[Taxacom] Monbiot editorial on academic publishing

Frederick W. Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Fri Sep 2 07:44:54 CDT 2011

An approach I haven't seen mentioned in this discussion is
discipline-based online libraries of papers such as...

http://cnah.org/cnah_pdf.asp - Center for North American Herpetology PDF
Library: 1324 titles available

"The CNAH, recognizing that the future of our profession is dependent on
a blending of old technologies with new, has created the CNAH PDF
Library. The library is searchable by author, year date, and title.
Users can read and/or print a title using Adobe Acrobat Reader. This
permits herpetologists to download and print only those titles that
interest them. Titles added to this list will generally be those that
deal with the North American (north of Mexico) herpetofauna; however,
appropriate titles dealing with higher level taxonomy will be listed
regardless of geographic coverage. CNAH is pleased to make available
this academic service to herpetologists for the first time in the
history of our profession."

fred schueler
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
now in the field on the Thirty Years Later Expedition -
http://fragileinheritance.org/projects/thirty/thirtyintro.htm