[Taxacom] APG III genus list

Tony.Rees at csiro.au Tony.Rees at csiro.au
Fri Sep 2 17:03:07 CDT 2011

Dear Torbjörn,

You might also want to consider Mabberley's plant-book (latest edition is 2008/9, see http://books.google.com/books?id=9RyKKHtwXUYC) even though it is print-only: it lists "all" accepted generic names and many synonyms, in (I think) APGIII classification. I'd be interested if others can advise whether this would be more or less complete thn the GRIN listing.

As you have discovered no doubt, the information you are seeking would be invaluable if included in the recent "The Plant List", however it has not been, at least in the current (initial) version of the latter.

Regards

Tony Rees, Tasmania